Computer use can be monitored. Use a safe computer. Learn more
- Using put-downs, insults, name-calling, humiliation
- Threatening to harm or kill family, friends, a new partner, pets, etc.
- Threatening to commit suicide if a partner leaves
- Making threats like, “If you leave me I’ll … spread rumors about you, tell your parents we had sex”, etc.
- Blaming the person who is being abused for the abuse or for all the problems in the relationship
- Minimizing or denying abusive behavior, playing mind games
- Possessiveness and/or constant accusations of cheating