Safety Alert: Computer use can be monitored. Use a safe computer. Learn more.

My parents won't let me date this guy...
09-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Sad My parents won't let me date this guy...
I met this guy that I really like- he treats me great, he's smart funny, nice, all that stuff except my parents don't approve because he was on probation for cutting school. THey haven't even gotten to know him and just judge him on that one thing without seeing all of the other wonderful things about him. Now they get all worked up every time we even talk and if I try to make plans with him, they always say no...I'm so sad right now and I don't know what to do about them... HELP?!?!?
Find all posts by this user
09-15-2008, 06:23 PM
RE: My parents won't let me date this guy...
maybe you should try talking to your parents and talk them into letting you bring him over- show them how great he can be. or how great he is.
09-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks Jennifer!!!! You're so nice. The thing is that I don't know if bringing him over will help- sometimes, he doesn't make the best impression on people. I just don't know what to do about this!!!!!
10-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Sarah Wrote:I met this guy that I really like- he treats me great, he's smart funny, nice, all that stuff except my parents don't approve because he was on probation for cutting school. THey haven't even gotten to know him and just judge him on that one thing without seeing all of the other wonderful things about him. Now they get all worked up every time we even talk and if I try to make plans with him, they always say no...I'm so sad right now and I don't know what to do about them... HELP?!?!?

ive been through this before sit down and have a tlak with your parents and suggest him coming over for dinner or your family and him go out somewhere so they can get to know him... tell them its no right to judge other just because of a mistake they have made because everyone makes mistakes
10-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Sarah Wrote:I met this guy that I really like- he treats me great, he's smart funny, nice, all that stuff except my parents don't approve because he was on probation for cutting school. THey haven't even gotten to know him and just judge him on that one thing without seeing all of the other wonderful things about him. Now they get all worked up every time we even talk and if I try to make plans with him, they always say no...I'm so sad right now and I don't know what to do about them... HELP?!?!?

ive been through this before sit down and have a tlak with your parents and suggest him coming over for dinner or your family and him go out somewhere so they can get to know him... tell them its no right to judge other just because of a mistake they have made because everyone makes mistakes
03-30-2009, 05:53 PM
bcms_chic Wrote:

hey Sarah,
you seem to be in hard situation. It all seems to be frustratingg. I can understand its important for you that your parents see the good in him. Maybe you should try talking to them..Have you tried that? Try not waiting until a situation with him arrives. think ahead. Find a good time to sit your parents down and let them know what you want them to know. They will understand. Remember you parents love you, they are no your enemies. They really truly want the best for you, even if at times it doesnt appear so. THey may be scared for you, but if you let them now your point of you im sure you can come to an agreement.
goodluck=]
05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Tell you
06-24-2010, 03:26 AM
I think parents always have positive thinking for their children. I think ask your parents again. Give you the best suggestions.

Rose......
07-01-2010, 03:02 AM
i have the same questionSad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average